Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Ladies have it......


I am finding myself getting braver with my art. sharing with strangers. but here's my next thing. i am drawing and painting some new ladies. it comes from doing a brief life drawing class, being inspired by other artists who have ladies of their own in their paintings. the difficulty i have is in capturing faces. my ladies are whispering to me they want to get out, be in the world, on canvas, in watercolour, acrylic (they really don't mind). so to combat my struggles my ladies have no faces, not in a creepy way, but just from the back. could this be it? could it be that simple? is that enough? i can't get past the fact that i love the face. it tells its own story.
these artists are some of my favourites, check them out :
kelly rae,
katherine quinn,
denise daffara,
michelle from pipi lala
these artists have their own styles and truth. i wonder how long it takes for the whispers to become clear pictures in your heart and then onto the page?
in the waiting for the answer, i will keep experimenting and communicating with the whispers from the ladies within. please know i do not have any mental condition that you need to know about(hee hee hee)

dance freely little ladies from where ever you venture from deep within......
i look forward to meeting you and one day seeing your lovely faces.....
being an artist is a bit like becoming a mother. new insight, there. iv'e done that before, so maybe if i apply some nurturing, preparation and love i will birth wonderful new creations.....
will keep you posted...
sparkle & twirl all
*

8 comments:

Jen @ By Jen ❤️ said...

I love your little ladies! I love your favorite inspirations, too. Denise Daffara was a new one for me (thanks for sharing). You should also check out Paulette Insall and Sweet Imaginations if you haven't seen them already. I look forward to seeing your girls evolve. And someday I hope to be brave enough to try one myself.

Anonymous said...

Your ladies are super lovely! I really love the one on the right - she reminds me of my daughter.

Thank you so much for the shout out! You wouldn't believe the squeal I made when I saw it!! :) Keep listening to those whispers and being brave - ♥♥♥

danasparkle said...

WOW to wake up to 2 lovely comments has really started my day with a big smile. With gratitude for your comments and hearts.
*

Sleepandhersisters said...

Thanks so much for adding my name to your list, that is very sweet. Also thanks for your comment on my blog... your explanation had me nodding in total agreement... you write very well.

I love finding new people who paint lovely girls...

x

Sleepandhersisters said...

I forgot to say that my girls don't usually have hands, because I have never been able to do them... so they have extra long arms. I am sure we will see their faces soon.

Shelby and Bev said...

dana, i was so happy to see your beautiful face on my comments...i have missed you...i love the look of your blog, and i love your girls...it doesn't matter that we can't see their faces, i can feel their spirit,their playfulness...if and when we see a face that will be fine...whatever leads you..
i saw in the previous day's post that you were listening to brandi carlisle's give up the ghost...heavy sigh..love her!!! i especially love "looking out" and "before it breaks"...i could play that CD over. and over. and over.
i am following you...
xo

Kaili Ittensohn said...

Keep being brave danasparkle! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain! And keep sharing your progress, you'll find a wonderful community of supporters here in blog land. Good luck!!

Unknown said...

you are and will always be an absolute wonder xxx